Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

AFTERNOON DELIGHT - Strawberry/Orange/Mango Milkshake (just add the RUM)


I couldn't find a recipe, so maybe this is an original...  But like all these milkshake style drinks, very easy , just add a few flavors, some fruit and bingo bango MONGO - you are in for an AFTERNOON DELIGHT!!!


1 1/2 ounces Mango rum (would also work well with a coconut rum)
1 1/2 ounces Cointreau
1 1/2 ounces Half and Half
3 medium size Strawberries
1 cup of ice

Toss everything in a blender and enjoy!  You may need to add more ice to get the desired milkshake consistency.  Remember, it is important to get you daily serving of fruit!

A little controversy with this one.  Jackie loved it as listed.  Me, I added a whole peeled banana to mine to make a strawberry/banana/orange/mango milkshake...

Mine was better.


As always, drink on your deck overlooking the Caribbean Sea.  Or, take it down to the beach... after all, it is only 30 yards (this time next year, it will be 2,000 miles and 30 yards, but the drink will taste good in Kansas too).

2 comments:

  1. We have almost exactly the same view. Seriously. I just need the same drink to make my afternoon a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a beach chair, slap an umbrealla in that milk shake and send me to the beach 30 yds from my abode-awesome!!!

    btw, I take it your empanadas turned out well? I will check back on your blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete