Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FUNKY MONKEY - Having trouble getting the kids to eat fruit? Just add Rum and Chocolate!


It's a chocolate- Banana milkshake!!!  And it is very easy and would be great at a backyard party... I have got to set up a blender station in my backyard kitchen area... but I am digressing from the recipe...




1 ounce Gold Rum
1 ounce Creme de Banana Liqueur
1 ounce Creme de Cacao Liquerur
2 ounces Cream of Coconut Milk (comes in a can, sweetened)
1 ripe banana peeled (Yes, one entire piece of fruit, I am feeling very healthy this morning)
1 ounce chocolate syrup
Coconut Flakes (the sweetened ones from the package)
1 cup ice cubes

Combine everything in a blender and mix away!  If you need, add more ice cubes to the blender to get a milkshake consistency.


Serve on your deck looking out over the Caribbean Sea, with a view of St John and the British Virgin Islands, Have a tray of Blue Cheese and Apple slices handy, and just in case, take a bottle of wine out with you so you don't have to go back to the liquor cabinet and interrupt your Zen experience.

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I see everything that I've been missing, and I am drooling! I don't know which I like better; the drinks, the food, or the scenery! They all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete