Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Coconut Banana Daiquiri

 
Booze is cheaper than the mixers here, so i am going to use my time wisely... That is, I am finally going to start mixing all those drinks I have heard about for years.  A couple years ago, I did spend a couple weeks at a bartender school (newly retired, thought why not?).  So, I know the mechanics, now it's time to learn the tastes...

And let's start with the famous adult banana milk shake.  A great little item to have on your deck while watching the boats in the bay at sunset...

You need a pretty good blender with this drink, something with an ice crusher attachment.

1/2 large Banana
2 ounces Dark Rum
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 ounces Cream of Coconut
1 cup ice

in a blender, add all the liquid ingredients, the add the banana.  Finally add the ice and puree smooth in the blender.  Add ice if need be to make a thicker shake.

It does indeed taste of an adult Banana Milk Shake!

4 comments: